MHA felicitates Yuvraj Walmiki
Mumbai: Emerging hockey star Yuvraj Walmiki was on Monday felicitated by Mumbai Hockey Association (MHA) for his exploits in the recently concluded Asian Champions Trophy, won by India.
The state body also presented him a cheque for Rs one lakh, a media release said.
The award was presented by his mentor Merzaban Patel, popularly known as `Bawa`, whose contribution has been acknowledged by the 21-year-old Mumbai player himself.
Yuvraj played a role in India`s title triumph as he scored in the penalty shootout against Pakistan in the final of the Asian Champions Trophy in China.
"It was the help and encouragement from the MHA which was largely responsible in shaping my career. I will strive to earn more laurels for the country," Yuvraj said on the occasion.
Bawa said Yuvraj`s achievements were due his sheer mental strength.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption