MHA felicitates Yuvraj Walmiki
Mumbai: Emerging hockey star Yuvraj Walmiki was on Monday felicitated by Mumbai Hockey Association (MHA) for his exploits in the recently concluded Asian Champions Trophy, won by India.
The state body also presented him a cheque for Rs one lakh, a media release said.
The award was presented by his mentor Merzaban Patel, popularly known as `Bawa`, whose contribution has been acknowledged by the 21-year-old Mumbai player himself.
Yuvraj played a role in India`s title triumph as he scored in the penalty shootout against Pakistan in the final of the Asian Champions Trophy in China.
"It was the help and encouragement from the MHA which was largely responsible in shaping my career. I will strive to earn more laurels for the country," Yuvraj said on the occasion.
Bawa said Yuvraj`s achievements were due his sheer mental strength.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Red Corridor to be redrawn - Know how many districts will be taken off Naxalite–Maoist insurgency list
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya for not disclosing assets
- Parliament video: Speaker forms 9-member probe panel, asks Bhagwant Mann not to attend House
- Impressed with Narendra Modi; India is in safe hands under his government - Praises by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- ‘Wanted’ duo Salman Khan – Prabhudheva to team up again?