MHA felicitates Yuvraj Walmiki
Mumbai: Emerging hockey star Yuvraj Walmiki was on Monday felicitated by Mumbai Hockey Association (MHA) for his exploits in the recently concluded Asian Champions Trophy, won by India.
The state body also presented him a cheque for Rs one lakh, a media release said.
The award was presented by his mentor Merzaban Patel, popularly known as `Bawa`, whose contribution has been acknowledged by the 21-year-old Mumbai player himself.
Yuvraj played a role in India`s title triumph as he scored in the penalty shootout against Pakistan in the final of the Asian Champions Trophy in China.
"It was the help and encouragement from the MHA which was largely responsible in shaping my career. I will strive to earn more laurels for the country," Yuvraj said on the occasion.
Bawa said Yuvraj`s achievements were due his sheer mental strength.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?