MHA studying Delhi govt`s response on Shunglu
New Delhi: The Home Ministry is studying the Delhi government`s response on allegations made by the Shunglu Committee about bunglings in the Commonwealth Games projects.
"We have received the 3,400 pages, 14 volumes report. We are studying it now," a Home Ministry official said.
When the study would be over, the Home Ministry will forward it to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for his consideration and necessary action.
The Ministry may give its opinion on the report if it wants, but there is no obligation on its part to give any comment.
"We may just forward the report to the Prime Minister without giving any opinion," the official said citing the government order through which the Shunglu Committee was constituted.
Last month, the Home Ministry had sent the Shunglu Committee`s report to Delhi government, asking it to file a detailed response to the findings within a month.
The Delhi government reportedly has rejected the Shunglu Committee report saying it was based on "presumptions" and "assumptions" without verification of the facts.
Besides holding various agencies, including the PWD, responsible for irregularities, the Shunglu Committee had blamed Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit for alleged bungling in various Games projects.
The city government, which has already rejected the findings of the panel as a "product of paranoia", had sent a brief report to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh last month.
The PM-appointed panel has submitted six reports on broadcasting, Games Village, city infrastructure, Games venues, Organising Committee and Main Report – Organisation and Conduct of CWG 2010.
The report on city infrastructure was referred to the Home Ministry by the PMO for appropriate action on the queries raised by the Shunglu panel in works done by the city government-controlled departments.
The administration of Delhi, being an Union Territory, comes under the control of the Home Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- 'Sultan' new poster: See robust Salman Khan turns 'Golden Sultan' magnifying the aura!
- Bihar class 10th result 2016 declared; check Bihar Board Matric class 10 Results 2016 on biharboard.bih.nic.in
- Love is blind, like literally! Riteish Deshmukh's 'Housefull 3' proves it - Pic Inside
- Dance with the devil: What Manchester United under Jose Mourinho might be like
- Like seriously! Sohail Khan to replace Mika Singh on 'Comedy Nights Live'?