MHA yet to be paid full amount for hosting WSH ties
The Mumbai Hockey Association is yet to be paid half the amount due for hosting matches during the conduct of the World Series Hockey that was held from March 1.
"We were scheduled to be paid the full amount of Rs 28 lakh by Nimbus within seven days of the conclusion of the tournament. We are yet to get around Rs 14 lakh of that amount till now," MHA president, Manga Singh Bakshi said on Monday.
The WSH ended on April 2 with the final held at the MHA`s stadium, which also hosted one of the two semi finals as well as seven league games of the tournament.
Bakshi said that despite several reminders to Nimbus Sport via emails and registered post, asking for the balance amount due to MHA, there has been no response from Nimbus.
"There had been a call to our office manager by Karl D`Costa of Nimbus promising that the dues will be cleared in a couple of days. We will wait and see," said Bakshi.
He said that he had also come to know that three technical officials/umpires -- Puran Singh, Sukhwinder Singh and Nadeem Ahmed -- associated with MHA have not been paid for their services during the tournament.
"Three technical officials associated with MHA have also not been paid, we have come to know," said Bakshi.
D`Costa, deputy manager of Nimbus Sport, could not be contacted for his response.
WSH is a joint venture of Nimbus and the Indian Hockey Federation, but not a sanctioned event of the international body controlling the game of hockey -- FIH.
The first edition of the tournament, involving eight city-based franchise outfits, carried a total prize money of USD 2 million and was won by Sher-E-Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof