Miami Heats’ LeBron James named MVP of 2011-12 season
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New York: Miami heats star player LeBron James was named as the Most Valuable Player (MVP) for the current season of the NBA.
James has now won three MVP awards in four years. Only a select few of NBA legends have achieved the feat of winning the highest individual award of the NBA season at least three times.
The 27- year old has now joined the elite league with the likes of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Michael Jordan Wilt Chamberlain, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson to name a few.
"I never dreamt about being an NBA Most Valuable Player," an emotional James said in a presentation in Miami broadcast live on national television as quoted by a news agency.
"I never dreamt about doing the things that I do now at a high level.
"Now that it`s in me now, and it`s happening, it`s overwhelming."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest