Miami Heats’ LeBron James named MVP of 2011-12 season
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New York: Miami heats star player LeBron James was named as the Most Valuable Player (MVP) for the current season of the NBA.
James has now won three MVP awards in four years. Only a select few of NBA legends have achieved the feat of winning the highest individual award of the NBA season at least three times.
The 27- year old has now joined the elite league with the likes of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Michael Jordan Wilt Chamberlain, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson to name a few.
"I never dreamt about being an NBA Most Valuable Player," an emotional James said in a presentation in Miami broadcast live on national television as quoted by a news agency.
"I never dreamt about doing the things that I do now at a high level.
"Now that it`s in me now, and it`s happening, it`s overwhelming."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea