Miami Heats’ LeBron James named MVP of 2011-12 season
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New York: Miami heats star player LeBron James was named as the Most Valuable Player (MVP) for the current season of the NBA.
James has now won three MVP awards in four years. Only a select few of NBA legends have achieved the feat of winning the highest individual award of the NBA season at least three times.
The 27- year old has now joined the elite league with the likes of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Michael Jordan Wilt Chamberlain, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson to name a few.
"I never dreamt about being an NBA Most Valuable Player," an emotional James said in a presentation in Miami broadcast live on national television as quoted by a news agency.
"I never dreamt about doing the things that I do now at a high level.
"Now that it`s in me now, and it`s happening, it`s overwhelming."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29