Michael Ashenden quits anti-doping body
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Dr. Michael Ashenden, one of the world`s leading experts on blood doping and the athlete`s biological passport, resigned from his position as an independent member of the Union Cycliste International's (UCI) panel of experts.
He has been an independent reviewer of blood profiles in cycling since since 2008.
Dr Ashenden’s resignation came after he refused to accept the imposition of a new confidentiality clause in his contract, which, according to him, was an attempt to silence him.
According to his new contract, Dr Ashenden needs to get prior permission before offering personal opinions on any matter related to his role interpreting blood profiles.
An Athlete Biological Passport is an electronic record for professional athletes, in which profiles of biological markers of doping and results of doping tests are collated over a period of time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble