Michael Ashenden quits anti-doping body
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Dr. Michael Ashenden, one of the world`s leading experts on blood doping and the athlete`s biological passport, resigned from his position as an independent member of the Union Cycliste International's (UCI) panel of experts.
He has been an independent reviewer of blood profiles in cycling since since 2008.
Dr Ashenden’s resignation came after he refused to accept the imposition of a new confidentiality clause in his contract, which, according to him, was an attempt to silence him.
According to his new contract, Dr Ashenden needs to get prior permission before offering personal opinions on any matter related to his role interpreting blood profiles.
An Athlete Biological Passport is an electronic record for professional athletes, in which profiles of biological markers of doping and results of doping tests are collated over a period of time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral