Michael Ashenden quits anti-doping body
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Dr. Michael Ashenden, one of the world`s leading experts on blood doping and the athlete`s biological passport, resigned from his position as an independent member of the Union Cycliste International's (UCI) panel of experts.
He has been an independent reviewer of blood profiles in cycling since since 2008.
Dr Ashenden’s resignation came after he refused to accept the imposition of a new confidentiality clause in his contract, which, according to him, was an attempt to silence him.
According to his new contract, Dr Ashenden needs to get prior permission before offering personal opinions on any matter related to his role interpreting blood profiles.
An Athlete Biological Passport is an electronic record for professional athletes, in which profiles of biological markers of doping and results of doping tests are collated over a period of time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Stephen Constantine names probable squad for Puerto Rico match
- RBI lets banks issue masala bonds, to accept corporate bonds in LAF
- Angry Mehbooba ends press meet with Rajnath abruptly
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO
- Two reward-carrying women Naxals arrested; another surrenders