Michael Ferreira resigns as BSAM president
Mumbai: Former world amateur billiards champion Michael Ferreira has resigned as president of the Billiards and Snooker Association of Maharashtra, the association said in a media release Friday.
"The BSAM Managing Committee, in its meeting held on 14th December 2013, unanimously accepted the resignation received from the President Mr Michael Ferreira," the release said.
Thanking Ferreira for his outstanding service over the years, BSAM said vice president Rajan Khinvasara will take over as president while snooker ace Yasin Merchant will become the new vice president in the vacancy created by Khinvasara`s elevation.
Both Khinvasara and Merchant accepted their respective posts, the release added.
The release, however, made no mention of the fact that Ferreira has been summoned by Mumbai Police in connection with the Rs 425-crore scam allegedly committed by multi-level marketing firm QNet.
The former billiards ace, who is abroad, trashed the allegations against him of defrauding people a few days ago. He had described as "outrageous, malicious and untruthful" the charges levelled against him of defrauding people through QNet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Juno on Jupiter's doorstep: Stunning view of giant planet and its largest moons (Pic inside)!
- 'Can you spare USD10 to help elect a billionaire?' - Trump emails
- 'Narasimha Rao's pro Hindu mindset led to Babri mosque demolition'
- Brexit: Germany, France, Italy vow `new impulse` for European Union
- Euro 2016: Holders Spain knocked out by Italy in last 16