Michael Ferreira resigns as BSAM president
Mumbai: Former world amateur billiards champion Michael Ferreira has resigned as president of the Billiards and Snooker Association of Maharashtra, the association said in a media release Friday.
"The BSAM Managing Committee, in its meeting held on 14th December 2013, unanimously accepted the resignation received from the President Mr Michael Ferreira," the release said.
Thanking Ferreira for his outstanding service over the years, BSAM said vice president Rajan Khinvasara will take over as president while snooker ace Yasin Merchant will become the new vice president in the vacancy created by Khinvasara`s elevation.
Both Khinvasara and Merchant accepted their respective posts, the release added.
The release, however, made no mention of the fact that Ferreira has been summoned by Mumbai Police in connection with the Rs 425-crore scam allegedly committed by multi-level marketing firm QNet.
The former billiards ace, who is abroad, trashed the allegations against him of defrauding people a few days ago. He had described as "outrageous, malicious and untruthful" the charges levelled against him of defrauding people through QNet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister