Michael Ferreira resigns as BSAM president
Mumbai: Former world amateur billiards champion Michael Ferreira has resigned as president of the Billiards and Snooker Association of Maharashtra, the association said in a media release Friday.
"The BSAM Managing Committee, in its meeting held on 14th December 2013, unanimously accepted the resignation received from the President Mr Michael Ferreira," the release said.
Thanking Ferreira for his outstanding service over the years, BSAM said vice president Rajan Khinvasara will take over as president while snooker ace Yasin Merchant will become the new vice president in the vacancy created by Khinvasara`s elevation.
Both Khinvasara and Merchant accepted their respective posts, the release added.
The release, however, made no mention of the fact that Ferreira has been summoned by Mumbai Police in connection with the Rs 425-crore scam allegedly committed by multi-level marketing firm QNet.
The former billiards ace, who is abroad, trashed the allegations against him of defrauding people a few days ago. He had described as "outrageous, malicious and untruthful" the charges levelled against him of defrauding people through QNet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!