Michael Jordan says he would beat LeBron, maybe lose to Kobe
Miami: Michael Jordan says that in his prime, he could have taken LeBron James in a one-on-one showdown and might only have lost to Kobe Bryant because "he steals all of my moves."
The comments came on a promotional video for the "NBA 2K14" video game released on Tuesday, in which Jordan lists several players from different eras that he would have liked to have faced in his prime, the 1990s when he led the Chicago Bulls to six NBA crowns.
Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, Julius Erving, Elgin Baylor, Jerry West and James, the cover athlete for the video game, were the NBA icons that 50-year-old Jordan said he thought he could have beaten.
"I don`t think I would lose," Jordan said, before adding, "other than to Kobe Bryant because he steals all of my moves."
Lakers guard Bryant on Twitter, saying that such things were the cycle of life in the NBA.
"Domino effect," Bryant tweeted. "I stole some of his..this generation stole some of mine."
James and the Miami Heat were at pre-season training in the Bahamas, where James told the Miami Herald, "It was for my game? It`s good promotion then."
James, a four-time NBA Most Valuable Player who has led the Heat to the past two NBA titles, admits to wondering what a one-on-one showdown with Jordan in his prime would be like.
"But no one will ever see it and it`s not going to happen," he said. "It is good for people to talk about."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes