Milkha Singh donates Olympic shoes for charity auction
Chandigarh: Legendary athlete Milkha Singh has donated his priceless pair of shoes, which he wore during the 1960 Rome Olympics, for a charity auction which will be held in Mumbai, on February 11.
Milkha says certain things are priceless, but there can be no good reason to part with them when they are given for a noble cause.
"I hope the charity auction will fulfil someone`s dream," he said.
He said Bollywood actor Rahul Bose, whose NGO would be carrying out the auction, had told him that there was a charity auction for the benefit of the blind and other needy children.
Singh said that earlier he had given another pair of shoes worn in the Rome Olympics to Sports Museum at Patiala, but had this pair with him for over five decades.
"Rahul Bose visited my home last month and told me about his charity project. He told me that they keep holding auctions for needy and poor children," Singh said, adding it was former hockey captain Ajit Pal Singh who had introduced him to Bose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress