Ministry approves grant for Mary Kom`s boxing foundation
New Delhi: The Sports Ministry has given in-principle approval for a grant of Rs 309.56 lakh to Olympic medallist Mary Kom`s Regional Boxing Foundation at Imphal for construction of a gymnasium hall and procurement of equipments.
The grant, to be disbursed from the National Sports Development Fund, will be released in instalments after fulfilment of certain conditions as required under the NSDF scheme and completion of necessary formalities, the ministry said in a statement.
The Foundation proposes to set up the facilities at the new site allotted by Manipur government.
Earlier, NSDF had released Rs 492.00 lakh to the Usha School of Athletics, Kozhikode, Kerala, for laying an eight-lane synthetic track of international standard with supporting facilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karan Johar visits 'Befikre' sets, gets emotional cherishing 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' days!
- Bizarre: Man puts wife at stake in IPL gambling, loses her
- Awesome! Taapsee Pannu gives a dose of royal purple to her gorgeous tresses! – See pic
- Stunner Shilpa Shetty gives ultimate 'summer fashion' goals in crisp white!
- Is Delhi on terror radar? This week's bus explosion in Haryana hints at 'something big'