Ministry issues fresh deadline to NSFs to amend constitution
New Delhi: The Sports Ministry has issued a fresh deadline to all National Sports Federations, which have not amended their constitution in accordance with the sports code, to make their position clear by February 28, failing which their government recognition could be "impacted".
"The letter may be treated as most immediate and a reply in this regard must be sent by February 28, 2013. The NSFs are also advised that continuation of their recognition by the Government may be impacted if the already agreed amendments are not carried out," a sources in the Ministry said.
So far, out of 53 recognised NSFs in the country, 29 have responded positively to the Ministry`s letter, dated January 11, 2013, for amending the constitution, incorporating the guidelines relating to age and tenure limits.
The Ministry yesterday shot off a fresh letter, not only to those 24 NSFs who are yet to make the required changes in their constitution, but also others, asking them to complete all the formalities by June 30, 2013.
"All formalities, including holding special General Body Meeting should be completed at the earliest and the amendments should be carried out latest by June 30, 2013," the official said.
The 24 Federations, including tennis, football, boxing, wrestling, badminton, weightlifting and golf.
Even though the suspended Indian Amateur Boxing Federation (IABF) recently claimed that it had incorporated the government guidelines on age and tenure in its amended constitution, the Ministry said it hasn`t received anything from the boxing body.
"The Ministry hasn`t received anything from the IABF. It is there in the news but we don`t have any conformation," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand