Mixed day for India in Brunei Asian Sevens Rugby
New Delhi: India stunned higher ranked Lao
before going down to Malaysia and Philippines in the Asian
Sevens rugby tournament in Brunei.
Indian displayed excellent technical skill, quick passes
and perfect co-ordination to topple Lao by 38-10 in their
For India, Gautam Dagar, Rohaan Sethna, Vengatesan Arul,
Surinder Singh and Dhananjay Prasad were the point scorers,
according to information received here.
The Indians, however, went down 12-14 against Philippines
in their closely fought second encounter of the day.
Contrary to the result of the first two matches, India
ended the day on a disappointing note, losing 5-32 at the
hands of Malaysia in a completely one-sided affair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert