Mixed day for India in Brunei Asian Sevens Rugby
New Delhi: India stunned higher ranked Lao
before going down to Malaysia and Philippines in the Asian
Sevens rugby tournament in Brunei.
Indian displayed excellent technical skill, quick passes
and perfect co-ordination to topple Lao by 38-10 in their
For India, Gautam Dagar, Rohaan Sethna, Vengatesan Arul,
Surinder Singh and Dhananjay Prasad were the point scorers,
according to information received here.
The Indians, however, went down 12-14 against Philippines
in their closely fought second encounter of the day.
Contrary to the result of the first two matches, India
ended the day on a disappointing note, losing 5-32 at the
hands of Malaysia in a completely one-sided affair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire