Mo Farah awarded CBE for London Olympics performance
London: British Olympic ace Mo Farah was honoured with the Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (CBE) by Prince Charles at the Buckingham Palace after his performances in the London Olympics.
Farah triumphed in the 5,000m and 10,000m at the London Games, the Daily Star reports.
Farah, who recreated his famous Mobot pose after receiving the award, said that he had never imagined ever coming to the Buckingham Palace, adding that it was a dream come true for him to realise that a person of the calibre of the Prince of Wales knows about him.
According to Farah, Prince Charles had joked with him that he must be `sick of medals` after handing him the CBE.
The report also said that Farah was a guest of honour in Wimbledon`s Royal Box on Wednesday.
Actor Ewan McGregor also received an OBE for services to acting and charity, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you