Mo Farah awarded CBE for London Olympics performance
London: British Olympic ace Mo Farah was honoured with the Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (CBE) by Prince Charles at the Buckingham Palace after his performances in the London Olympics.
Farah triumphed in the 5,000m and 10,000m at the London Games, the Daily Star reports.
Farah, who recreated his famous Mobot pose after receiving the award, said that he had never imagined ever coming to the Buckingham Palace, adding that it was a dream come true for him to realise that a person of the calibre of the Prince of Wales knows about him.
According to Farah, Prince Charles had joked with him that he must be `sick of medals` after handing him the CBE.
The report also said that Farah was a guest of honour in Wimbledon`s Royal Box on Wednesday.
Actor Ewan McGregor also received an OBE for services to acting and charity, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them