Mo Farah awarded CBE for London Olympics performance
London: British Olympic ace Mo Farah was honoured with the Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (CBE) by Prince Charles at the Buckingham Palace after his performances in the London Olympics.
Farah triumphed in the 5,000m and 10,000m at the London Games, the Daily Star reports.
Farah, who recreated his famous Mobot pose after receiving the award, said that he had never imagined ever coming to the Buckingham Palace, adding that it was a dream come true for him to realise that a person of the calibre of the Prince of Wales knows about him.
According to Farah, Prince Charles had joked with him that he must be `sick of medals` after handing him the CBE.
The report also said that Farah was a guest of honour in Wimbledon`s Royal Box on Wednesday.
Actor Ewan McGregor also received an OBE for services to acting and charity, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?