Mo Farah awarded CBE for London Olympics performance
London: British Olympic ace Mo Farah was honoured with the Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (CBE) by Prince Charles at the Buckingham Palace after his performances in the London Olympics.
Farah triumphed in the 5,000m and 10,000m at the London Games, the Daily Star reports.
Farah, who recreated his famous Mobot pose after receiving the award, said that he had never imagined ever coming to the Buckingham Palace, adding that it was a dream come true for him to realise that a person of the calibre of the Prince of Wales knows about him.
According to Farah, Prince Charles had joked with him that he must be `sick of medals` after handing him the CBE.
The report also said that Farah was a guest of honour in Wimbledon`s Royal Box on Wednesday.
Actor Ewan McGregor also received an OBE for services to acting and charity, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- View from space: Bahamas reef looks like a watercolor painting!
- Madame Tussauds to unveil PM Narendra Modi's wax statue in London today
- WATCH: Hilarious! Chris Gayle performs on 'Champion' song; asks fans to contact him for bookings
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: SC to hear plea next week on FIR against 'bribe-takers'
- Wow! KFC India to replace plastic packaging with edible bowls!