Mo Farah wins ‘European Athlete of the Year’ award
London: Long distance runner Mo Farah, who won double gold medals at the London Games, has now won the European Athlete of the Year award, making it a British double.
Farah, who won Olympic 5,000m and 10,000m gold, becomes only the second athlete to be named as European Athlete of the Year for the second time in a row following on from Swedish triple jumper Christian Olsson in 2003 and 2004, the Sun reports.
Farah, also defended his European 5,000m title in Helsinki to become the first man to win consecutive gold medals over the distance at those championships.
The Somalia-born athlete joins Linford Christie, Colin Jackson, Jonathan Edwards, Dwain Chambers and Phillips Idowu as British winners of the award.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview