Mo Farah wins ‘European Athlete of the Year’ award
London: Long distance runner Mo Farah, who won double gold medals at the London Games, has now won the European Athlete of the Year award, making it a British double.
Farah, who won Olympic 5,000m and 10,000m gold, becomes only the second athlete to be named as European Athlete of the Year for the second time in a row following on from Swedish triple jumper Christian Olsson in 2003 and 2004, the Sun reports.
Farah, also defended his European 5,000m title in Helsinki to become the first man to win consecutive gold medals over the distance at those championships.
The Somalia-born athlete joins Linford Christie, Colin Jackson, Jonathan Edwards, Dwain Chambers and Phillips Idowu as British winners of the award.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad