Modi hails Indian women hockey team
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Monday congratulated the Indian women hockey team for winning the first ever bronze medal in the Junior Women`s Hockey World Cup.
"Congratulations to our women hockey players for winning the first bronze at Junior Women Hockey World Cup. A historic feat!," Modi tweeted. India defeated England on Sunday.
On Sunday, Indian girls created history by winning country`s first ever bronze medal in the junior women hockey World Cup as they pipped England 3-2 penalties, riding on striker Rani`s dazzling show, in the ongoing Junior Women`s hockey World Cup in Monchengladbach.
Hockey India has announced a cash reward for the Indian team. Each player will get Rs 1 lakh each.
With PTI and IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- TN polls: DMK promises metro rail service for Coimbatore
- Netaji files declassification: Morarji had declined to accept inquiry commissions report
- OMG! 25,000 women died due to dowry in last two years, says govt
- India's investments into UK more than doubled in 2015
- Motorola expected to launch Moto G (4th Gen) handset on May 17