Modi hails Indian women hockey team
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Monday congratulated the Indian women hockey team for winning the first ever bronze medal in the Junior Women`s Hockey World Cup.
"Congratulations to our women hockey players for winning the first bronze at Junior Women Hockey World Cup. A historic feat!," Modi tweeted. India defeated England on Sunday.
On Sunday, Indian girls created history by winning country`s first ever bronze medal in the junior women hockey World Cup as they pipped England 3-2 penalties, riding on striker Rani`s dazzling show, in the ongoing Junior Women`s hockey World Cup in Monchengladbach.
Hockey India has announced a cash reward for the Indian team. Each player will get Rs 1 lakh each.
With PTI and IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress