Mohali drug bust: Police torturing Ram Singh, claims Vijender’s coach
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mohali: The Mohali drug bust saga involving Olympian boxer Vijender Singh is taking new twists and turn with each passing day.
Vijender’s coach has alleged that Ram Singh is being tortured by the police into making false statements.
"The police have kept Ram Singh in custody illegally. They are changing his location every two days. He is being tortured and forced to make statements against Vijender," Jagdish Singh was quoted as saying by a website on Wednesday.
On the other hand after Dinesh Singh, Asian Games silver-medallist boxer, claimed that Vijender was being framed by Punjab Police, his sparring partner Ram Singh’s father too has accused cops of framing his son.
Speaking to a news channel, Singh’s father claimed his son was innocent and the police were conspiring against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof