Mohali drug haul: Boxer Ram Singh remanded in judicial custody
Fatehgarh Sahib: Boxer Ram Singh, arrested in connection with the massive drug haul near here last month, was today remanded in judicial custody till April 23 by a local court.
Singh, sparring partner of Olympian Vijender Singh, was produced before the court after expiry of his two-day police remand.
He was the 16th accused who was arrested following recovery of 26 kg of heroin worth over Rs 100 crore from the house of a Canada-based NRI Anoop Singh Kahlon at Zirakpur in Mohali.
Singh was arrested by Fatehgarh Sahib police for his close links to his brother-in-law Ravicharan alias Ravi Deo. Police had claimed to recover 5 kg methamphetamine from Ravi Deol`s Sangrur house recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Truck set on fire by angry villagers after they saw blood spilling out of it, found 30 cows dead
- Want to book DDA community halls? Now, you can do it in 15 minutes - Know how
- Five dead, 20 injured as truck collides with tanker in UP's Lucknow - Know what happened
- BJP MP Maheish Girri to file defamation case against Arvind Kejriwal?
- Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo sends Portugal to pre-quarters - All details here