Mohali drug haul: Boxer Ram Singh remanded in judicial custody
Fatehgarh Sahib: Boxer Ram Singh, arrested in connection with the massive drug haul near here last month, was today remanded in judicial custody till April 23 by a local court.
Singh, sparring partner of Olympian Vijender Singh, was produced before the court after expiry of his two-day police remand.
He was the 16th accused who was arrested following recovery of 26 kg of heroin worth over Rs 100 crore from the house of a Canada-based NRI Anoop Singh Kahlon at Zirakpur in Mohali.
Singh was arrested by Fatehgarh Sahib police for his close links to his brother-in-law Ravicharan alias Ravi Deo. Police had claimed to recover 5 kg methamphetamine from Ravi Deol`s Sangrur house recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'