Mohali drug haul: Government planning to bring compulsory testing for sportsperson
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mohali: Call it the after-effects of Mohali drug haul saga in which star boxer Vijender Singh’s name has cropped up, the Sports ministry is now planning to introduce compulsory testing for all sportsperson.
"The government is planning to bring in compulsory testing for all sportspersons who are trained by the Sports Authority of India or are working with the Sports Authority of India . We are also looking into the deeper side of it in terms of seeing that how sportspersons who have taken drugs are rehabilitated. Sportspersons don't indulge in such activities," he added.
Sports Minister Jitender Singh is reportedly disappointed with the developments of the last two days that saw the National Anti-Doping Agency conduct test on Vijender’s blood and urine samples while skipping hair follicle test for heroin.
Jitendra said that they would take necessary steps only after the results of the test are out.
Meanwhile, the Punjab Police is seeking legal advice to take the pugilist in its custody.
Earlier, the Police had on Wednesday arrested his sparring partner Ram Singh for interrogation after it recovered drugs from his brother0n-law’s residence.
WIth ANI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh