Mohali drug haul: IABF president advises Vijender Singh to come clean
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Indian Amateur Boxing Federation (IABF) president Abhishek Matoria has advised Vijender Singh to provide his blood and hair samples to National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) and come clean on the matter.
Matoria, while speaking to a news channel, revealed that he is in constant touch with Vijender and had recently spoke to him on Holi.
ALSO READ: Vijender Singh has been untraceable: NADA»
Speaking on the subject, he said that the Olympian medallist should “provide the samples as and when required by NADA.”
Punjab police have claimed Vijender had consumed drugs 12 times as per the testimony of his sparring partner Ram Singh.
The sports ministry on Monday in a press release had asked NADA to conduct test on Vijender to conclude whether he consumed heroin or not.
However, the agency has refused to conduct any heroin tests citing World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) protocol.
The reason behind the decision is the fact that heroin testing is not in their prohibited list and it doesn’t form part of out of competition tests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!