Mohali drug haul: Punjab police seeking legal advice to take Vijender into custody
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mohali: Disappointed by the turn of events that saw National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) skipping hair follicle test, the Punjab police is now focusing on nail analysis of boxer Vijender Singh and at the same time looking at legal options to seek his custody.
"The police is focussing on nail analysis of Vijender Singh. We are identifying the best forensic toxicology lab in the country. Vijender Singh has not been let off," Punjab Police ADG Intelligence HS Dhillon was quoted as saying by a news website on Thursday.
"We are seeking legal advise with new amendments on moving ahead in seeking custody of Vijender Singh," he said.
Punjab Police has said that it may call the Olympian medallist again for questioning to aid its investigations into the Mohali drug haul that has led to the arrest of 16 persons so far.
HS Mann, the SSP of Fategarh Sahib, told a news channel that depending on the course of their investigations, the pugilist might be questioned again.
Meanwhile, according to another report, police claimed to have documentary evidences that prove Vijender was in touch with alleged drug peddler Anoop Singh Kahlon.
It has been reported there are records that show 21 calls were made between Vijender and Kahlon apart from several SMSes exchanged over a period of seven months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues