Mohali drug haul: Punjab police seeking legal advice to take Vijender into custody
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mohali: Disappointed by the turn of events that saw National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) skipping hair follicle test, the Punjab police is now focusing on nail analysis of boxer Vijender Singh and at the same time looking at legal options to seek his custody.
"The police is focussing on nail analysis of Vijender Singh. We are identifying the best forensic toxicology lab in the country. Vijender Singh has not been let off," Punjab Police ADG Intelligence HS Dhillon was quoted as saying by a news website on Thursday.
"We are seeking legal advise with new amendments on moving ahead in seeking custody of Vijender Singh," he said.
Punjab Police has said that it may call the Olympian medallist again for questioning to aid its investigations into the Mohali drug haul that has led to the arrest of 16 persons so far.
HS Mann, the SSP of Fategarh Sahib, told a news channel that depending on the course of their investigations, the pugilist might be questioned again.
Meanwhile, according to another report, police claimed to have documentary evidences that prove Vijender was in touch with alleged drug peddler Anoop Singh Kahlon.
It has been reported there are records that show 21 calls were made between Vijender and Kahlon apart from several SMSes exchanged over a period of seven months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Cockroach milk – The next big 'superfood' and a fantastic protein supplement?
- NASA explains the case of Ceres' missing large craters- Watch the video!
- Bipasha Basu tells you how to combat bad hair day! Pic inside
- Donald Trump has already damaged national security: Madeline Albright
- These bollywood movie makers, superstars have been issued service tax notices by CBEC –Know