Mohali drug haul: Punjab police seeking legal advice to take Vijender into custody
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mohali: Disappointed by the turn of events that saw National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) skipping hair follicle test, the Punjab police is now focusing on nail analysis of boxer Vijender Singh and at the same time looking at legal options to seek his custody.
"The police is focussing on nail analysis of Vijender Singh. We are identifying the best forensic toxicology lab in the country. Vijender Singh has not been let off," Punjab Police ADG Intelligence HS Dhillon was quoted as saying by a news website on Thursday.
"We are seeking legal advise with new amendments on moving ahead in seeking custody of Vijender Singh," he said.
Punjab Police has said that it may call the Olympian medallist again for questioning to aid its investigations into the Mohali drug haul that has led to the arrest of 16 persons so far.
HS Mann, the SSP of Fategarh Sahib, told a news channel that depending on the course of their investigations, the pugilist might be questioned again.
Meanwhile, according to another report, police claimed to have documentary evidences that prove Vijender was in touch with alleged drug peddler Anoop Singh Kahlon.
It has been reported there are records that show 21 calls were made between Vijender and Kahlon apart from several SMSes exchanged over a period of seven months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi