Mohali drug haul: Suspect remanded to police custody till March 19
Fatehgarh Sahib: Paramjit Singh Gulati, a suspect in heroin smuggling case, was presented in local court today after expiry of his police remand where the Judge remanded him to police custody till March 19.
Gulati was brought here on production warrant from Tihar Jail.
A senior police officer said police is conducting raids to arrest Jagdish Singh Bhola, the kingpin of the gang.
Punjab police had recovered 26 kg of heroin worth an estimated Rs 130 crore from NRI Anoop Singh Kahlon`s house in `Savastik Vihar` in Zirakpur on the outskirts of the city in Mohali district on March 7.
Name of Olympic medal winning boxer Vijender Singh cropped up in the case after his car was found parked outside Kahlon`s house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore