Mohali drug haul: Suspect remanded to police custody till March 19
Fatehgarh Sahib: Paramjit Singh Gulati, a suspect in heroin smuggling case, was presented in local court today after expiry of his police remand where the Judge remanded him to police custody till March 19.
Gulati was brought here on production warrant from Tihar Jail.
A senior police officer said police is conducting raids to arrest Jagdish Singh Bhola, the kingpin of the gang.
Punjab police had recovered 26 kg of heroin worth an estimated Rs 130 crore from NRI Anoop Singh Kahlon`s house in `Savastik Vihar` in Zirakpur on the outskirts of the city in Mohali district on March 7.
Name of Olympic medal winning boxer Vijender Singh cropped up in the case after his car was found parked outside Kahlon`s house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?