Mohali drug haul: Suspect remanded to police custody till March 19
Fatehgarh Sahib: Paramjit Singh Gulati, a suspect in heroin smuggling case, was presented in local court today after expiry of his police remand where the Judge remanded him to police custody till March 19.
Gulati was brought here on production warrant from Tihar Jail.
A senior police officer said police is conducting raids to arrest Jagdish Singh Bhola, the kingpin of the gang.
Punjab police had recovered 26 kg of heroin worth an estimated Rs 130 crore from NRI Anoop Singh Kahlon`s house in `Savastik Vihar` in Zirakpur on the outskirts of the city in Mohali district on March 7.
Name of Olympic medal winning boxer Vijender Singh cropped up in the case after his car was found parked outside Kahlon`s house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak