Mohali drug haul: Suspect remanded to police custody till March 19
Fatehgarh Sahib: Paramjit Singh Gulati, a suspect in heroin smuggling case, was presented in local court today after expiry of his police remand where the Judge remanded him to police custody till March 19.
Gulati was brought here on production warrant from Tihar Jail.
A senior police officer said police is conducting raids to arrest Jagdish Singh Bhola, the kingpin of the gang.
Punjab police had recovered 26 kg of heroin worth an estimated Rs 130 crore from NRI Anoop Singh Kahlon`s house in `Savastik Vihar` in Zirakpur on the outskirts of the city in Mohali district on March 7.
Name of Olympic medal winning boxer Vijender Singh cropped up in the case after his car was found parked outside Kahlon`s house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- In or out? Did Sidhu really quit BJP and join AAP!
- Rajnath Singh sends out stern message to Pakistan, says 'we don't need third party in Kashmir'
- Declare India a 'Hindu state', says Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray
- AN-32 search still on, ISRO satellite imagery sought
- What is the purpose of human life—Know here!