Mohali drug haul: Suspect remanded to police custody till March 19
Fatehgarh Sahib: Paramjit Singh Gulati, a suspect in heroin smuggling case, was presented in local court today after expiry of his police remand where the Judge remanded him to police custody till March 19.
Gulati was brought here on production warrant from Tihar Jail.
A senior police officer said police is conducting raids to arrest Jagdish Singh Bhola, the kingpin of the gang.
Punjab police had recovered 26 kg of heroin worth an estimated Rs 130 crore from NRI Anoop Singh Kahlon`s house in `Savastik Vihar` in Zirakpur on the outskirts of the city in Mohali district on March 7.
Name of Olympic medal winning boxer Vijender Singh cropped up in the case after his car was found parked outside Kahlon`s house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees