Mohali drug haul: Vijender gives blood, hair samples to NADA
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: The National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) on Wednesday finally took samples of Indian boxer Vijender Singh to test him for heroin.
Sports minister Jitendra Singh said that NADA took Vijender’s hair as well as blood sample. NADA had earlier refused to conduct any heroin test on the boxer citing World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) protocol. The refusal had left the Sports Ministry flummoxed.
The name of Vijender, who won the middleweight bronze at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, cropped up in the scandal when Fatehgarh Sahib police exposed a drug haul case and took his sparring partner Ram Singh, later on dismissed by the Punjab Police, in custody for interrogation.
Ram allegedly told the investigators that he and Vijender consumed heroin supplied by Kahlon many times.
Vijender has been denying the allegations made by the police. However, the police on Sunday claimed that they had evidence to prove that Vijender had taken heroin on twelve occasions.
The sports ministry had asked NADA to conduct a test on Vijender to conclude whether he had consumed heroin or not.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Axis Bank raises Rs 2,430 cr from debentures
- 'GDP growth rate to be lower than CSO's forecast of 7.6% in FY16'
- Karan-Bipasha to appear on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Rains keep mercury near normal in several parts of country
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results 2016, CBSE Class X Results 2016 to be declared on May 28; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in