Mohan Memorial Badminton tournament to kick off from Aug 2
Jamshedpur: A four-day 44th Mohan Memorial Badminton tournament for Jharkhand state championship will be held at Mohan Ahuja Indoor stadium here from August 2.
Organised by Badminton Association East Singhbhum, around 200 shuttlers from 20 affiliated districts of Jharkhand will vie for top honours in the men and women section of categories including sub-junior, junior and senior, said Niraj Singh, president and Md Rashid, secretary of the association,
Addressing a press conference here today, they said they would also host under-13 and under 15 yrs selection trial from August 22 to 25 and the state teams for the National Sub-Junior Championship would be picked up based on the performance of the players.
Besides, Jharkhand senior team would also be picked up for the Inter-state championship to be held in September/October, they said.
The Secretary of Jharkhand Badminton Association (JBA), K Prabhakar Rao, said they would issue identity numbers for its registered players to avoid fudge of players age.
The process was underway and likely to be implemented soon, he said.
As Jharkhand has immense potential in the game, he said JBA was considering to appoint a coach, besides the existing coaches of the state, to fine tune the budding shuttlers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!