Morgan Freeman to host World Sports Awards
Rio de Janeiro: Academy Award winning actor Morgan Freeman is to host the 2013 Laureus World Sports Awards here.
The 75-year-old has acted in films like "Million Dollar Baby", "Driving Miss Daisy", "Street Smart", "Unforgiven", "The Shawshank Redemption" and "The Dark Knight" among others.
Screen Actors Guild Award winning actress Eva Longoria will join him on stage as a segment host.
The Laureus World Sports Awards are the premier honours on the international sporting calendar. The winners, as voted by the Laureus World Sports Academy, will be unveiled at a globally televised awards ceremony at the Theatro Municipal here March 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list