Moscow opens world`s largest urban snowboarding track
Moscow: Moscow is now home to the world`s largest urban course for jibbing, a type of snowboarding with obstacles, the Russian sports facility`s managers said.
The two courses - one for professionals and another for beginners - opened in downtown Moscow`s Gorky Park.
"This is a unique project, unequalled in the world. Anybody can come here with their equipment and practice completely for free," Maxim Zinorf, one of the managers of the Burton X Gorky Park, said.
The facility is "the world`s largest urban course for practicing jibbing", Zinorf, who competes in the extreme sport, said.
"The course will remain here during the entire winter season and enthusiasts will not have to travel great distances to practice snowboarding," Zinorf said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan