MPHA not grooming future hockey players, says Aslam Sher Khan
Bhopal: Former hockey Olympian Aslam Sher Khan on Sunday said that the Madhya Pradesh Hockey Academy (MPHA) Chief Coach Ashok Kumar has failed to deliver the goods.
"Hockey Olympian Kumar has failed as the MPHA Chief Coach. The MPHA has failed to promote hockey in the state despite the fact that there are talented youths in Madhya Pradesh," Khan told reporters here.
The game has lost its glory in the state which has produced great hockey players in the past, former Union Minister said.
Khan said that there were several veteran hockey players of national and international fame in Madhya Pradesh, particularly in Bhopal, to coach players and they should be given a place in MPHA.
When asked what he himself did for Madhya Pradesh hockey, Khan said that his help had never been sought.
"I am free to provide guidance at MPHA," he said.
He said that the players from outside the state were being groomed in the MPHA instead of locals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing