MPHA not grooming future hockey players, says Aslam Sher Khan
Bhopal: Former hockey Olympian Aslam Sher Khan on Sunday said that the Madhya Pradesh Hockey Academy (MPHA) Chief Coach Ashok Kumar has failed to deliver the goods.
"Hockey Olympian Kumar has failed as the MPHA Chief Coach. The MPHA has failed to promote hockey in the state despite the fact that there are talented youths in Madhya Pradesh," Khan told reporters here.
The game has lost its glory in the state which has produced great hockey players in the past, former Union Minister said.
Khan said that there were several veteran hockey players of national and international fame in Madhya Pradesh, particularly in Bhopal, to coach players and they should be given a place in MPHA.
When asked what he himself did for Madhya Pradesh hockey, Khan said that his help had never been sought.
"I am free to provide guidance at MPHA," he said.
He said that the players from outside the state were being groomed in the MPHA instead of locals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan knew about Osama bin Laden's Abbottabad hideout: Hillary Clinton
- Hema Malini, Dharmendra celebrate 36 years of marriage – See pics
- PM Narendra Modi may quash MPs' dreams of 100% salary hike - Know why
- Who’s the ‘Secret Superstar’ in Aamir Khan’s next film?
- Know Vijay Mallya's Rajya Sabha journey