Muhammad Ali`s boxing gloves fetch 520k pounds
London: Muhammad Ali`s boxing gloves fetched a whopping price of 520,000 pounds at a recently held auction in New York.
The boxing gloves worn by the former world heavyweight champion when he won his first world title from Sonny Liston, on February 25, 50 years ago, have been sold for 520,000 pounds, the Mirror reported.
Auction organizer Chris Ivy said that they had expected 300,000 pounds for the gloves; he said that the impressive result showed that Ali is a figure that transcends boxing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?