Muhammad Ali`s boxing gloves fetch 520k pounds
London: Muhammad Ali`s boxing gloves fetched a whopping price of 520,000 pounds at a recently held auction in New York.
The boxing gloves worn by the former world heavyweight champion when he won his first world title from Sonny Liston, on February 25, 50 years ago, have been sold for 520,000 pounds, the Mirror reported.
Auction organizer Chris Ivy said that they had expected 300,000 pounds for the gloves; he said that the impressive result showed that Ali is a figure that transcends boxing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why