Muhammad Ali`s boxing gloves fetch 520k pounds
London: Muhammad Ali`s boxing gloves fetched a whopping price of 520,000 pounds at a recently held auction in New York.
The boxing gloves worn by the former world heavyweight champion when he won his first world title from Sonny Liston, on February 25, 50 years ago, have been sold for 520,000 pounds, the Mirror reported.
Auction organizer Chris Ivy said that they had expected 300,000 pounds for the gloves; he said that the impressive result showed that Ali is a figure that transcends boxing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond says Judi Dench
- Give education, equality to girl child, urges Amitabh Bachchan
- Will set up transit accommodations for Kashmiri Pandits till they feel safe to return: Mehbooba Mufti
- Youngsters at alcohol risk can be identified on social media