NADA conducts testing during National School Championship
New Delhi: In its efforts to curb the menace of doping, the National Anti Doping Agency (NADA) collected 79 samples for testing during the seven-day 57th National School Championship, which concluded on Tuesday.
The samples were taken from the events of Boxing (30), Wrestling (31) and Weightlifting (20).
The samples will be sent to National Dope Testing Laboratory for analysis.
It is for the first time that NADA has conducted testing at a national-level school competition. In November 2011, NADA had collected samples during the Kerala School Games.
In addition to sample testing, NADA also carried out awareness programme on the ill effects of doping among the students by distributing dope control handbook and pamphlets.
"NADA`s technical officials delivered lectures in the Boxing stadium and Wrestling stadium on 30th and 31st December, respectively. This was appreciated by the coaches and support personnel belonging to different states who were present during these sessions," a press release said.
The release added that NADA intend to conduct sample testing as well as educational programmes during similar events in the future.
It was also declared that all the 29 samples collected during the Kerala State School Athletic Competition held in Ernakulam in November, 2011, have returned negative.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!