NADA makes expert panel to boost anti-doping campaign
New Delhi: In order to strengthen its education and awareness program for athletes, the National Anti-Doping Agency has constituted an expert group to identify, advice and formulate a plan for this initiative. The group will formulate anti-doping education plan in line with the objectives of the campaign.
"The plan will be executed with help of the identified NGO; the group will develop the education-cum-awareness material for various stakeholders in sports; to coordinate with Indian Medical Association and organize workshops on anti-doping measures to know about the prohibited substances and prescription drugs for medical practitioners," NADA said in a statement.
The group will also develop need-based awareness-cum-education materials in association with National Sports Federations. The panel is headed by Professor C D Tripathi, Head of Department (Pharmacology) in the Safdarjung Hospital. Among its members are Dr PSM Chandran, chess player Bharat Singh Chauhan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!