NADA makes expert panel to boost anti-doping campaign
New Delhi: In order to strengthen its education and awareness program for athletes, the National Anti-Doping Agency has constituted an expert group to identify, advice and formulate a plan for this initiative. The group will formulate anti-doping education plan in line with the objectives of the campaign.
"The plan will be executed with help of the identified NGO; the group will develop the education-cum-awareness material for various stakeholders in sports; to coordinate with Indian Medical Association and organize workshops on anti-doping measures to know about the prohibited substances and prescription drugs for medical practitioners," NADA said in a statement.
The group will also develop need-based awareness-cum-education materials in association with National Sports Federations. The panel is headed by Professor C D Tripathi, Head of Department (Pharmacology) in the Safdarjung Hospital. Among its members are Dr PSM Chandran, chess player Bharat Singh Chauhan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan