NADA makes expert panel to boost anti-doping campaign
New Delhi: In order to strengthen its education and awareness program for athletes, the National Anti-Doping Agency has constituted an expert group to identify, advice and formulate a plan for this initiative. The group will formulate anti-doping education plan in line with the objectives of the campaign.
"The plan will be executed with help of the identified NGO; the group will develop the education-cum-awareness material for various stakeholders in sports; to coordinate with Indian Medical Association and organize workshops on anti-doping measures to know about the prohibited substances and prescription drugs for medical practitioners," NADA said in a statement.
The group will also develop need-based awareness-cum-education materials in association with National Sports Federations. The panel is headed by Professor C D Tripathi, Head of Department (Pharmacology) in the Safdarjung Hospital. Among its members are Dr PSM Chandran, chess player Bharat Singh Chauhan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win