Nadal to skip Miami Masters
Washington: Former tennis world No. 1 Rafael Nadal, who beat Juan Martin del Potro to lift the Indian Wells title Sunday, will not feature in the Miami Masters which starts later in the week, organisers said.
"The Sony Open has been notified by the ATP that Rafael Nadal has officially withdrawn from the event," a statement from the organisers said.
The reason was still unknown but the Indian Wells was Nadal`s fourth final in four tournaments since he returned in February from a seven-month absence owing to a knee injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AN-32 aircraft with 29 aboard missing; Indian Air Force intensifies search operation
- Milo Yiannopoulos Twitter ban: WikiLeaks threatens to start its own micro-blogging service
- Critically rare white African lion cub born in Texas zoo- See pic!
- Hillary Clinton's legacy is death, destruction, weakness: Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump
- Seers, religious orders need to work towards a modern India: PM Modi