Nagaland and Manipur wins women`s Double and Regu events
Kohima: Nagaland and Manipur won the women`s Double and Regu events of the 24th National Sepaktakraw Championship being held at Indira Gandhi Stadium here on Thursday.
In the women`s doubles event, Nagaland defeated Andhra Pradesh in straight three sets to emerge victorious.
In the semi-finals Nagaland had defeated Bihar while Goa lost to Assam to be the third place winners.
Manipur knocked Assam in straight sets to win the champions title in the women`s Regu event.
Uttar Pradesh became the third place winners defeating Andhra Pradesh in the hard-fought match.
The final of the men`s regu event will be played tomorrow evening as part of the closing function.
Manipur has already won the team champions in both men and women`s event held yesterday.
The championship hosted by Nagaland Sepaktakraw Association (NASTA) under the aegis of Sepaktakraw Federation of India (STFI) and Department of Youth Resources & Sports, Government of Nagaland would conclude tomorrow evening with Nagaland Minister for Youth Resources and Sports Merentoshi R Jamir as the chief guest of valedictory function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- LG Electronics posts 415% increase in Q1 profit
- Apple to open its stores in India as govt panel waves 30% local sourcing condition
- Film with Alia Bhatt not typical hero-heroine one: Shah Rukh Khan
- IPL 9: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Probably playing XIs; players to watch out for
- Amazing! Village in China painted with 3D colours to attract tourists; See PICS