Nagaland and Manipur wins women`s Double and Regu events
Kohima: Nagaland and Manipur won the women`s Double and Regu events of the 24th National Sepaktakraw Championship being held at Indira Gandhi Stadium here on Thursday.
In the women`s doubles event, Nagaland defeated Andhra Pradesh in straight three sets to emerge victorious.
In the semi-finals Nagaland had defeated Bihar while Goa lost to Assam to be the third place winners.
Manipur knocked Assam in straight sets to win the champions title in the women`s Regu event.
Uttar Pradesh became the third place winners defeating Andhra Pradesh in the hard-fought match.
The final of the men`s regu event will be played tomorrow evening as part of the closing function.
Manipur has already won the team champions in both men and women`s event held yesterday.
The championship hosted by Nagaland Sepaktakraw Association (NASTA) under the aegis of Sepaktakraw Federation of India (STFI) and Department of Youth Resources & Sports, Government of Nagaland would conclude tomorrow evening with Nagaland Minister for Youth Resources and Sports Merentoshi R Jamir as the chief guest of valedictory function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Rajiv Gandhi's assassination: Yet to take decision on premature release of Nalini, Tamil Nadu tells Madras HC
- Geeta wants to undertake a train journey to search her parents
- Magnitude 5.5 quake hits near Chile's copper mining area, says USGS
- Colombia to get UN peace monitors, possible referendum
- Brexit: Here are answers to 5 key questions on what will happen next in Britain's relations with European Union