Nagaland and Manipur wins women`s Double and Regu events
Kohima: Nagaland and Manipur won the women`s Double and Regu events of the 24th National Sepaktakraw Championship being held at Indira Gandhi Stadium here on Thursday.
In the women`s doubles event, Nagaland defeated Andhra Pradesh in straight three sets to emerge victorious.
In the semi-finals Nagaland had defeated Bihar while Goa lost to Assam to be the third place winners.
Manipur knocked Assam in straight sets to win the champions title in the women`s Regu event.
Uttar Pradesh became the third place winners defeating Andhra Pradesh in the hard-fought match.
The final of the men`s regu event will be played tomorrow evening as part of the closing function.
Manipur has already won the team champions in both men and women`s event held yesterday.
The championship hosted by Nagaland Sepaktakraw Association (NASTA) under the aegis of Sepaktakraw Federation of India (STFI) and Department of Youth Resources & Sports, Government of Nagaland would conclude tomorrow evening with Nagaland Minister for Youth Resources and Sports Merentoshi R Jamir as the chief guest of valedictory function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video