Nanao, Dilbag continue winning spree in Russia
New Delhi: Indian boxers Thokhom Nanao Singh (49kg) and Dilbagh Singh (69kg) continued their winning spree at the Khabarovsk International competition in Khabarovsk, Russia, as they advanced to the title round today.
Both the boxers are now assured of at least a silver medal.
Nanao, the reigning national champion, defeated Li Chung Hyok of DPR Korea 17-12, while national champion Dilbagh Singh defeated his Polish opponent, Uk V 15-9.
The 22-year-old Nanao once again made an aggressive start and made full use of the canvas. His hard-hitting blows and hooks caught Li off guard and allowed the Indian to stretch the advantage.
In the final he is slated to take on local lad Sagaluev Bator.
Multiple national champion Dilbagh beat Uk V in a brilliant display of skill and strategy. His lightening fast jabs turned the fight into a one-sided affair. In the bid for the gold medal, he will square off against Kozhabekov Bakytzhan of Kazakhstan.
The other Indian boxers in the fray, Sunil Kumar (52kg), Shiva Thapa (56kg) and Satish Kumar (+91kg), however, suffered defeats but not before putting up a fight in their respective semi-final bouts.
The three will have to be content with the bronze medal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing