Nanao, Dilbag enter medal rounds of Russian boxing tourney
New Delhi: Thokchom Nanao Singh(49kg) and Dilbag Singh (69kg) gave a flying start to India`s campaign by entering the semifinals to assure themselves of medals at the Khabarovsk International Boxing Tournament in Khabarovsk, Russia.
Reigning national champion and National Games gold-medallist Nanao was in fine form as he devoured Ladon Rogen of the Philippines in what turned out to be a one-sided contest.
The 22-year-old, with his combination punches and excellent ring movement, made it if very difficult for the Philippines boxer to settle down and find his rhythm.
The Indian went on to make a place in the semi-finals with a 12-8 win. In the round of four, he will take on Ri Chung Hyok of DPR Korea.
Later, multiple-time national champion and 2010 Commonwealth Games bronze-medallist Dilbag Singh (69kg) delivered a superlative performance against Szilvai Laszlo of Hungary.
He emerged victorious with a score of 17-6, relying mostly on his straight punches and counter-attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- After 11 years Mars will come closest to Earth on May 30
- Rahul Singh takes blessings from poor on his B-day
- Dino Morea, Ranbir Kapoor flaunt football skills! - See pics
- BJP to go it alone in UP Assembly polls, Ram temple not to be on poll agenda: Mahesh Sharma