Nanjappa`s career not threatened by paralytic attack: NRAI
New Delhi: Indian shooter Prakash Nanjappa`s tryst with the sport will not end with a lone World Cup bronze medal as the 37-year-old is "recovering well" a few days after suffering a paralytic attack in the ongoing ISSF World Cup in Granada, Spain.
Nanjappa`s condition is said to be improving over the last few days, according to National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) president Raninder Singh.
"All his various faculties are working and he is doing well, recovering well under the care of his parents. The only thing is that he is having a bit of problems closing one of the eyes, and that should be okay with physiotherapy," Raninder said.
Asked about the shooter`s future in the sport, the NRAI chief sounded optimistic.
"We are very hopeful of having him of the ranges soon," he said.
Nanjappa had won the bronze medal in the men`s 10 metre Air Pistol event at the ISSF World Cup in Changwon, Korea in March.
Apparently, Nanjappa was not well while flying to Spain and his condition deteriorated on arrival. As he suffered the attack, Raninder got in touch with the Indian Embassy in Spain for assistance.
Nanjappa flew back to the capital on Saturday along with with fellow shooters Shreyasi Singh and Seema Tomar, before being accompanied by his father P N Panappa to his home town Bangalore.
The medal in Korea was Nanjappa`s first ever in an ISSF competition.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani