National archery camp shifted to Aurangabad
Kolkata: Acceding to the demands from the archers, the Archery Association of India (AAI) on Tuesday decided to shift the national camp out from Army Sports Institute (ASI) in Pune to Sports Authority of India, Aurangabad for remainder of the season.
"The archers will now train in Aurangabad till the World Championships in October," said AAI assistant secretary Gunjan Abrol.
The camp has been shifted from ASI after women archers requested change in venue which was marred by suicide of archer Pratima Boro followed by an alleged sexual misconduct case in the facility.
A request to the SAI director general to shift the camp was made on grounds of no separate hostel for women archers.
"The ASI had excellent facilities but there was no other choice,” he said.
"Being a SAI campus, there would be hostels in Aurangabad and once the camp gathers pace, the archery infrastructure will develop," he added.
A total of 48 archers would take part in the camp.
The camp has officially started yesterday but the top archers would assemble in a few days.
The players will next take part in the World Cup Stage III to be held in Medellin, Columbia, from July 15-21.
The World Cup leg will conclude with the fourth stage in Wroclaw (Poland) which will be held from August 19-25.
The season will end with the World Championships, Antalya (September 29-October 6) and the Asian Championships, Taipei (October 29-November 2).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das