National Boxing championship to begin on Oct 30
New Delhi: Indian Amateur Boxing Federation (IABF) has announced the dates for the men`s and women`s Senior National boxing championships at their annual general body meeting in Patiala.
The Sahara 59th Senior Men`s National boxing championship will be held in Hyderabad from October 30 to November 4, while the 13th Senior Women Nationals will take place in Guwahati from November 25?29.
Meanwhile, Rajesh Bhandari was elected as the new Secretary General of IABF on Monday.
Bhandari has already served two terms as the Secretary General of the Federation earlier in his career.
During the AGM, it was also decided that the IABF will field teams for two foreign tours this month.
The Youth Indian men`s boxing team is slated to compete in the 33rd International Tammer Tournament in Tampere, Finland from October 18-21, while the Sub-Junior Men`s team will take part in a month long training-cum-competition program at Yangiabad, Uzbekistan from October 7 to November 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list