National Boxing championship to begin on Oct 30
New Delhi: Indian Amateur Boxing Federation (IABF) has announced the dates for the men`s and women`s Senior National boxing championships at their annual general body meeting in Patiala.
The Sahara 59th Senior Men`s National boxing championship will be held in Hyderabad from October 30 to November 4, while the 13th Senior Women Nationals will take place in Guwahati from November 25?29.
Meanwhile, Rajesh Bhandari was elected as the new Secretary General of IABF on Monday.
Bhandari has already served two terms as the Secretary General of the Federation earlier in his career.
During the AGM, it was also decided that the IABF will field teams for two foreign tours this month.
The Youth Indian men`s boxing team is slated to compete in the 33rd International Tammer Tournament in Tampere, Finland from October 18-21, while the Sub-Junior Men`s team will take part in a month long training-cum-competition program at Yangiabad, Uzbekistan from October 7 to November 7.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!