NBA: Clippers hold off Grizzlies 93-91
Los Angeles: With Chris Paul`s running jumper a 10th of a second before the end, the Los Angeles Clippers beat the Memphis Grizzlies 93-91 and took a 2-0 lead in their first-round playoff series in National Basketball Association (NBA) action.
Scoring eight straight points, including a basket that gave them a 91-89 lead with a minute and 20 seconds to play, Paul carried the Clippers in the final three minutes Monday night.
Paul finished with 24 points and nine assists, Blake Griffin had 21 points and eight rebounds and Jamal Crawford added 15 points for the Clippers.
Mike Conley had a career playoff high 28 points, Gasol scored 17 points, Allen donated 16 points and 10 rebounds, and Zach Randolph added 13 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees