NBA: Clippers hold off Grizzlies 93-91
Los Angeles: With Chris Paul`s running jumper a 10th of a second before the end, the Los Angeles Clippers beat the Memphis Grizzlies 93-91 and took a 2-0 lead in their first-round playoff series in National Basketball Association (NBA) action.
Scoring eight straight points, including a basket that gave them a 91-89 lead with a minute and 20 seconds to play, Paul carried the Clippers in the final three minutes Monday night.
Paul finished with 24 points and nine assists, Blake Griffin had 21 points and eight rebounds and Jamal Crawford added 15 points for the Clippers.
Mike Conley had a career playoff high 28 points, Gasol scored 17 points, Allen donated 16 points and 10 rebounds, and Zach Randolph added 13 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city