NBA: Clippers hold off Grizzlies 93-91
Los Angeles: With Chris Paul`s running jumper a 10th of a second before the end, the Los Angeles Clippers beat the Memphis Grizzlies 93-91 and took a 2-0 lead in their first-round playoff series in National Basketball Association (NBA) action.
Scoring eight straight points, including a basket that gave them a 91-89 lead with a minute and 20 seconds to play, Paul carried the Clippers in the final three minutes Monday night.
Paul finished with 24 points and nine assists, Blake Griffin had 21 points and eight rebounds and Jamal Crawford added 15 points for the Clippers.
Mike Conley had a career playoff high 28 points, Gasol scored 17 points, Allen donated 16 points and 10 rebounds, and Zach Randolph added 13 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins