NBA: Durant`s season-high 48 carries Thunder over Wolves
Washington: Kevin Durant scored a personal season-high 48 points, including 23 in the fourth quarter, to carry the Oklahoma City Thunder over the Minnesota Timberwolves 115-111 in NBA action.
Durant made seven out of his 11 attempts in the final quarter. He made a jumper to give the Thunder 113-111 lead, only to see Wolves power forward Kevin Love foul while shooting a three-pointer Saturday, reports Xinhua.
However, Love missed all the three free-throws, and the Thunder took the victory after getting two more points on the free-throw line.
Durant bagged seven rebounds and seven assists along with his 48 points. Veteran point guard Derek Fisher added 13 from the bench. Serge Ibaka made 12 points.
Centre Nikola Pekovic had 31 points and 11 rebounds for the Wolves. Love finished with 30 points and 14 rebounds. Ricky Rubio made 13 points and 10 assists.
The Thunder would next face the Boston Celtics Sunday night.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India