NBA: Durant`s season-high 48 carries Thunder over Wolves
Washington: Kevin Durant scored a personal season-high 48 points, including 23 in the fourth quarter, to carry the Oklahoma City Thunder over the Minnesota Timberwolves 115-111 in NBA action.
Durant made seven out of his 11 attempts in the final quarter. He made a jumper to give the Thunder 113-111 lead, only to see Wolves power forward Kevin Love foul while shooting a three-pointer Saturday, reports Xinhua.
However, Love missed all the three free-throws, and the Thunder took the victory after getting two more points on the free-throw line.
Durant bagged seven rebounds and seven assists along with his 48 points. Veteran point guard Derek Fisher added 13 from the bench. Serge Ibaka made 12 points.
Centre Nikola Pekovic had 31 points and 11 rebounds for the Wolves. Love finished with 30 points and 14 rebounds. Ricky Rubio made 13 points and 10 assists.
The Thunder would next face the Boston Celtics Sunday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing