NBA history`s first scorer dies at 94
Washington: New York Knicks announced that Benjamin Schectman, who made the NBA history by making the first basket - putting the tourney`s first ball into the basket - died at 94.
Schectman made a two-hand layup for the Knicks Nov 1, 1946, against the Toronto Huskies. The performance was recorded as the first basket made in the NBA history.
Schectman played for the Knicks in 1946-1947 season, averaging 8.1 points and 2.0 assists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today