NBA: James nursing sore ankle, could miss Pacers clash
Miami: Miami superstar LeBron James is nursing a sore left ankle and could miss the NBA champion Heat`s Wednesday showdown with current Eastern Conference leaders Indiana on Wednesday.
James missed practice on Tuesday after he was hurt in Monday`s 117-94 victory over the Utah Jazz.
"It`s a little sore," said James on Tuesday. "I`m getting around-the-clock treatment and we`ll play it by ear."
James twisted his left ankle in the third quarter, losing his balance while making a move against guard Brandon Rush.
Despite the injury he continued to play and finished with 30 points, nine rebounds and nine assists.
"I`ve been here before," James said after the game. I`m day-to-day and we`ll see what happens."
Team-mate Chris Bosh didn`t seem too worried.
"He does this once a year, and this is his time, usually December," Bosh said. "Got that out of the way."
Coach Erik Spoelstra said he`d assess James`s fitness on Wednesday.
"He`s getting a lot of treatment today and a lot of rest," Spoelstra said. "We`ll see how he feels tomorrow."
James is averaging 25.3 points, 6.8 rebounds and 6.5 assists this season for the Heat, who are 18-6 and lead the Southeast Division.
Central Division-leading Indiana is an Eastern Conference-best 20-4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state