NBA: James nursing sore ankle, could miss Pacers clash
Miami: Miami superstar LeBron James is nursing a sore left ankle and could miss the NBA champion Heat`s Wednesday showdown with current Eastern Conference leaders Indiana on Wednesday.
James missed practice on Tuesday after he was hurt in Monday`s 117-94 victory over the Utah Jazz.
"It`s a little sore," said James on Tuesday. "I`m getting around-the-clock treatment and we`ll play it by ear."
James twisted his left ankle in the third quarter, losing his balance while making a move against guard Brandon Rush.
Despite the injury he continued to play and finished with 30 points, nine rebounds and nine assists.
"I`ve been here before," James said after the game. I`m day-to-day and we`ll see what happens."
Team-mate Chris Bosh didn`t seem too worried.
"He does this once a year, and this is his time, usually December," Bosh said. "Got that out of the way."
Coach Erik Spoelstra said he`d assess James`s fitness on Wednesday.
"He`s getting a lot of treatment today and a lot of rest," Spoelstra said. "We`ll see how he feels tomorrow."
James is averaging 25.3 points, 6.8 rebounds and 6.5 assists this season for the Heat, who are 18-6 and lead the Southeast Division.
Central Division-leading Indiana is an Eastern Conference-best 20-4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway