NBA: LA Lakers lose to Denver Nuggets
Los Angeles: Kobe Bryant scored 29 points but it did not prove to be enough as Los Angeles Lakers lost 108-119 to the Denver Nuggets for their first defeat after the NBA All-Star weekend Monday night.
Each team did a great offence job -- the Lakers shot 55.1 percent from the floor while the Nuggets shot 55.7. However, the Lakers had poor defence and too many turnovers while the Nuggets dominated the game with fast-break points.
Mamba got a technical foul at the end of the first half, which made his total technical fouls 14 this season, only two more to get banned for a game.
Bryant also contributed nine assists and six rebounds, Dwight Howard finished with 15 points and 14 boards but missed 11 of his 14 free throws. Steve Nash donated 16 for the Lakers.
The Nuggets Wilson Chandler scored 23 points, Ty Lawson contributed 22 points, bench Corey Brewer added 16 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed