NBA: Lakers hold off Grizzlies 86-84
Los Angeles: Kobe Bryant finished with 24 points, nine assists and five rebounds, helping the Los Angeles Lakers edge Memphis Grizzlies 86-84 and stay in eighth spot in the NBA western conference standings.
The Lakers avoided being swept in its season series with the Grizzlies and also ended Memphis` four-game winning streak on Friday.
Earl Clark and Antawn Jamison contributed 13 points and five rebounds apiece off the bench as the Lakers won without injured starters Steve Nash and Metta World Peace. Paul Gasol had 19 points and nine rebounds, while Dwight Howard added nine points and 10 rebounds.
The Grizzlies couldn`t score in the final two and half minutes.
Mike Conley scored 21 points but missed a potential go-ahead jumper with five seconds left and another lay-up before the buzzer for playoff-bound Memphis. Zach Randolph had 15 points and Marc Gasol donated 11 points for the Grizzlies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users