NBA: Lakers hold off Grizzlies 86-84
Los Angeles: Kobe Bryant finished with 24 points, nine assists and five rebounds, helping the Los Angeles Lakers edge Memphis Grizzlies 86-84 and stay in eighth spot in the NBA western conference standings.
The Lakers avoided being swept in its season series with the Grizzlies and also ended Memphis` four-game winning streak on Friday.
Earl Clark and Antawn Jamison contributed 13 points and five rebounds apiece off the bench as the Lakers won without injured starters Steve Nash and Metta World Peace. Paul Gasol had 19 points and nine rebounds, while Dwight Howard added nine points and 10 rebounds.
The Grizzlies couldn`t score in the final two and half minutes.
Mike Conley scored 21 points but missed a potential go-ahead jumper with five seconds left and another lay-up before the buzzer for playoff-bound Memphis. Zach Randolph had 15 points and Marc Gasol donated 11 points for the Grizzlies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof