NBA star Bosh launches 3-on-3 basketball
Mumbai: Two-time National Basketball Association (NBA) champion Chris Bosh today announced the launch of NBA Jam in September that combines 3-on-3 basketball and entertainment.
"NBA Jam is a great event that brings excitement and energy of the NBA to the fans in India. It is exciting to see so much passion for basketball here and I look forward to working with the youth during my visit," he told reporters here.
The Miami Heat star is on his maiden visit to the country to promote the game.
The 3-on-3 event will be held in Hyderabad, Bangalore and Delhi before culminating with the finals in Mumbai on September 29.
Almost 500 teams are expected to participate and it will also feature a women`s division for the first time.
The winning team will get the opportunity to compete against three NBA legends.
Bosh, who was also part of the Olympic gold medal-winning US team in 2008 in Beijing, said he never imagined that he would be part of an NBA champion side.
"It was amazing. I never thought about the NBA championship, let alone winning back-to-back titles. I am so proud of my team mates and myself. It`s a good feeling," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?