NECC, Venky`s Nutrition honours London Olympic boxers
Pune: World`s largest single association of poultry farmers, National Egg Co-ordination Committee (NECC) and Venky`s Nutrition today felicitated the entire Indian boxing contingent who participated in this year`s London Olympics.
Vice chairman of NECC and joint managing director of VH Group, Venkateshwar Rao and Indian Boxing Federation chairman Abhay Singh Chautala gave away cash prize worth Rs 27 lacs to the team at an event here.
London Olympics bronze medal winning woman pugilist M C Mary Kom was awarded with cash prize of Rs 10 lacs while other members of the team -- Vijender Singh, Devendro Singh, Shiva Thapa, Jai Bhagwan, Manoj Kumar, Vikas Krishan Yadav and Sumit Sangwan were awarded with cash prize of Rs one lac each.
The support staff comprising of five coaches, two doctors and two managers also received Rs 1 lac each as a token of appreciation for their efforts in the London Games.
Speaking on the occasion, Venkateshwar Rao said: "We had announced the cash awards for the winners as well as pocket money for the members of the Indian boxing contingent before the opening of the London Olympics 2012 to motivate the Indian boxers and we are now delivering our promise as they made the country proud with their performances."
"We have recently signed up Mary Kom as brand ambassadors for NECC," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?