Never blamed Nobbs for London debacle: Shivendra
New Delhi: India`s star forward Shivendra Singh said it was not chief coach Michael Nobbs but the team`s planning that was responsible for the eight-time Olympic champions` dismal performance in the 2012 London Games.
"As a team we played poorly. The team`s planning is responsible for our dismal performance in the Games. I have never blamed the coach for the team`s poor show in London,"
Contrary to media reports, Shivendra said the coach had good relationship with all the players.
"Nobbs has cordial relationship with all the players," he said.
The Indian team, which missed the Beijing Games, finished last in London for their worst-ever performance at the Olympic Games.
Nobbs was appointed India coach in June last year and his contract runs till the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price