Never blamed Nobbs for London debacle: Shivendra
New Delhi: India`s star forward Shivendra Singh said it was not chief coach Michael Nobbs but the team`s planning that was responsible for the eight-time Olympic champions` dismal performance in the 2012 London Games.
"As a team we played poorly. The team`s planning is responsible for our dismal performance in the Games. I have never blamed the coach for the team`s poor show in London,"
Contrary to media reports, Shivendra said the coach had good relationship with all the players.
"Nobbs has cordial relationship with all the players," he said.
The Indian team, which missed the Beijing Games, finished last in London for their worst-ever performance at the Olympic Games.
Nobbs was appointed India coach in June last year and his contract runs till the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened