Never blamed Nobbs for London debacle: Shivendra
New Delhi: India`s star forward Shivendra Singh said it was not chief coach Michael Nobbs but the team`s planning that was responsible for the eight-time Olympic champions` dismal performance in the 2012 London Games.
"As a team we played poorly. The team`s planning is responsible for our dismal performance in the Games. I have never blamed the coach for the team`s poor show in London,"
Contrary to media reports, Shivendra said the coach had good relationship with all the players.
"Nobbs has cordial relationship with all the players," he said.
The Indian team, which missed the Beijing Games, finished last in London for their worst-ever performance at the Olympic Games.
Nobbs was appointed India coach in June last year and his contract runs till the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday