NFL: Tebow heads for TV booth after no club deal
New York: Tim Tebow, once a National Football League phenomenon as a quarterback, has signed a deal to become a television analyst after failing to land with a team this season.
A leading channel announced Monday that Tebow would work as an analyst on collegiate American football on the Southeastern Conference Network when that cable channel launches in August.
Tebow, however, will contribute to a variety of programs and make his television debut next Monday on the pre-game show before the collegiate American football championship game between Auburn University and Florida State University.
Tebow played for two US college championship squads at the University of Florida but found limited success in the NFL. He became a celebrity in part for his evangelical views and a widely imitated kneeling move that became known as "Tebowing."
In 2011, he began the season as a reserve but rallied the Denver Broncos to a surprise division title and playoff upset of Pittsburgh.
Tebow was traded to the New York Jets but threw only eight passes for them in 2012 before being released last April. He did a pre-season training camp with the New England Patriots before being dropped in August.
The channel said Tebow`s role would not preclude him from pursuing NFL playing opportunities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam