Nicol David to play in Chennai Squash Open
Chennai: World number one Nicol David of Malaysia will be seen in action in the WISPA World Tour Chennai Open Squash tournament to be played here from March 2 to 7.
The tournament that has been upgraded in its second year to WISPA Gold level, will be played at the Indian Squash Academy and carry a prize money of USD 53,500.
“The Chennai Open is sure to receive a top drawer entry, and indeed world number one Nicol David, from Malaysia, is already a confirmed entry,” WISPA Chief Executive Andrew Shelley said in a statement.
“It is great for our Tour that we are able to take the lead in this SRFI initiative. And with the Gold level CIMB KL Open in Malaysia later in March, this Asian event cluster will be the centrepiece of a month to relish on our growing Tour,” added Shelley.
The WISPA events also feature a USD 25,000 PSA event and will be immediately followed by the Chennai Open Doubles from 8-11 March, boasting a USD 15,000 prize fund.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore