NIIT launches website for Anand ahead of World Championship
New Delhi: NIIT Limited on Tuesday unveiled a website www.Wish4vishy.Com, a unique initiative to enable every Indian to cheer for Viswanathan Anand as he gears up to defend his title against World No 1 Magnus Carlsen at World Chess Championship in Chennai from November 7 to 28.
Wish4Vishy, offers a unique opportunity to every Indian to take pride in Anand`s achievements and wish him good luck before the forthcoming World Chess Championship.
The best entries stand a chance to win free ticket during the World Chess Championship 2013 and special gifts on every alternate day, for the best wish expressed.
Vishy has been associated with NIIT for nearly 15 years now. NIIT MindChampions` Academy (MCA), a not-for-profit joint initiative that was started by NIIT and Anand to promote Chess in schools, has today touched 1.65 million children in over 17,000 schools cumulatively, across the country.
Speaking on the Wish4Vishy initiative, Anand said: "I would like to thank everyone for the amazing wishes. To all the friends who have sent in their wishes for me through NIIT`s Wish4Vishy initiative, I would like to say that every single wish means a lot to me.
"Thank you for the fantastic support and your love," added Anand, who is a five-time World Champion, who is the only person in the sport to have won a World championship title in all formats - match, knock-out and tournament.
In his glorious career spanning over 25 years, Grandmaster Anand has taken Indian chess to great heights. Born in Chennai, Anand is acclaimed to be the fastest brain in the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!
- AgustaWestland deal: Congress says govt trying to vilify its leaders
- Arvind Kejriwal admits for first time, odd-even not a long-term remedy
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note