No communication from Bhupathi: AITA
New Delhi: The AITA on Sunday said it has not received any communication from Mahesh Bhupathi for refusing to play with Leander Paes at the upcoming London Olympics.
"We have not received any communication from Mahesh Bhupathi," said Col. Ranbir Chauhan, AITA executive director of development, when asked if they have received any intimation from the ace tennis player.
Chauhan was reacting to media reports which said that Bhupathi has refused to play with Paes at the London Olympics.
AITA had paired Bhupathi with Paes for the men`s doubles event despite former`s categorical rejection of the combination.
Bhupathi had insisted that he wants to team up with Rohan Bopanna.
AITA had warned that disciplinary action will be taken against the player, who refuses to be part of the team.
Rohan Bopanna had also rejected to play with Paes and AITA may be left with no option but to select a youngster such as Somdev Devvarman and Yuki Bhambri to team up with Paes.
Paes and Bhupathi have played four Olympics together but have never won a medal. Paes though won a singles bronze medal at 1996 Atlanta Olympics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot