No evidence to support Pistorius`s burglar claim
Pretoria: Investigators have found no evidence to support Paralympian Oscar Pistorius`s version that he mistook his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp for a burglar, the Pretoria Magistrate`s Court heard Tuesday.
"There is no possible information to support his version that it was a burglar," said State prosecutor Gerrie Nel in a submission at Pristorius bail hearing.
At the time of the shooting there were only two persons at Pistorius`s home, Nel said, Xinhua reports.
Steenkamp was shot three times behind a closed bathroom door.
"The door was broken open from the outside," Nel told the court, asking why a burglar would lock himself in the bathroom.
With Pistorius still looking at the floor, the door was locked, Nel said, adding Steenkamp`s body was carried downstairs.
Nel insisted that it was a premeditated murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- After Zuckerberg, OurMine hacks Sundar Pichai's Quora and Twitter accounts!
- Black money window: CBDT issues fresh FAQs; PAN mandatory
- France opens manslaughter inquiry into EgyptAir crash
- BGR-34 - Ayurvedic anti-diabetic drug launched by CSIR!
- After Dalai Lama met Lady Gaga, China warns of his motives