No evidence to support Pistorius`s burglar claim
Pretoria: Investigators have found no evidence to support Paralympian Oscar Pistorius`s version that he mistook his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp for a burglar, the Pretoria Magistrate`s Court heard Tuesday.
"There is no possible information to support his version that it was a burglar," said State prosecutor Gerrie Nel in a submission at Pristorius bail hearing.
At the time of the shooting there were only two persons at Pistorius`s home, Nel said, Xinhua reports.
Steenkamp was shot three times behind a closed bathroom door.
"The door was broken open from the outside," Nel told the court, asking why a burglar would lock himself in the bathroom.
With Pistorius still looking at the floor, the door was locked, Nel said, adding Steenkamp`s body was carried downstairs.
Nel insisted that it was a premeditated murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad