No evidence to support Pistorius`s burglar claim
Pretoria: Investigators have found no evidence to support Paralympian Oscar Pistorius`s version that he mistook his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp for a burglar, the Pretoria Magistrate`s Court heard Tuesday.
"There is no possible information to support his version that it was a burglar," said State prosecutor Gerrie Nel in a submission at Pristorius bail hearing.
At the time of the shooting there were only two persons at Pistorius`s home, Nel said, Xinhua reports.
Steenkamp was shot three times behind a closed bathroom door.
"The door was broken open from the outside," Nel told the court, asking why a burglar would lock himself in the bathroom.
With Pistorius still looking at the floor, the door was locked, Nel said, adding Steenkamp`s body was carried downstairs.
Nel insisted that it was a premeditated murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened