No serious damage to Blake, says manager
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Sunday, July 13, 2014, 11:09
  
No serious damage to Blake, says manager
Glasgow (Scotland): Yohan Blake`s manager, Cubie Seegobin, says the Jamaican star sprinter has suffered no damage, after pulling up and tumbling to the track during the 100 metres at the Glasgow Grand Prix here Friday.

He was taken from the track at Hampden Park in a wheelchair sparking fears of serious injury.

However, Seegobin allayed those fears but said the Olympic silver medallist will undergo further scans as a precaution.

"It seems to be initially a cramp. The doctors here in Glasgow were excellent. They did an ultra-scan, and it showed no damage," Seegobin said.

"We will do a major scan and MRI to be certain and complete."

Blake is expected to line up at the Sainsbury`s Anniversary Games in London next week, but the latest setback means the 24-year-old Jamaican could miss the street event.

Blake has endured a frustrating time this season since returning from a hamstring injury which wrecked his campaign last year and forced him out of the Moscow World Championships.

His return to action this year has been less than stellar, finishing sixth in the 200 metres at the Lausanne Diamond League last week and second to compatriot Nesta Carter in the 100 metres, at the New York Grand Prix last month.

He, however, won the Great City Games 150-metre street race in Manchester in June.

Despite his return to competition, he has opted not to run at the Commonwealth Games, starting here later this month.

"Of course I`m disappointed to be missing out on Glasgow 2014 but it`s in my best interest," Blake said this week.

"I`m trying to be positive and there will be many more Commonwealth Games to look forward."
IANS

First Published: Sunday, July 13, 2014, 11:09


comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular in News